The present building was designed in the Early English Gothic Style by Boston architect and Advent parishioner John Hubbard Sturgis in 1875 and was substantially complete by 1888. [http://archive.theadventboston.org/geninfo/building.htm]
The building’s unique appearance was new to a campus that had previously employed a more classical architecture style. [http://studentlife.mit.edu/cac/event-services-spaces/event-spaces/mit-chapel].
In order to fully admire the Mandir’s beauty and grandeur, let’s take a glimpse at how the Mandir was made. The Mandir, built in the Nagaradi style, stands 42 feet tall, 133 feet long and 87 feet wide and is made entirely of Italian Carrara marble (68,000 cubic feet); only the third Mandir of its kind.
The new building was consecrated on March 7, 1846.
St George's Cathedral is the oldest Cathedral in southern Africa and is the Mother Church of the diocese. The gothic church is a classic cruciform building, with a courtyard garden which includes a Labyrinth. The administrative offices of the Cathedral are housed in cloisters facing the courtyard.
The story of the Central Methodist Mission (CMM), Cape Town began at the beginning of the 19th century. Methodism first came to South Africa with the British soldiers stationed in the Cape Colony.
The church is South Africa's oldest place of Christian worship, built by Herman Schuette in 1841. The first church on this land was built in 1678.
First cathedral church for the Diocese of New York (created 1808 by Pope Pius VII), second Catholic church in Manhattan, and third Catholic church in all of New York State.
The church was restored in 1912, while in the 1950s, the building of the Ministry of Education was erected, and the church's area was limited in its present day form. In 1963 they added the steeple over its entrance.
Devoted to the archangels, this church stands at the site of a former Byzantine chapel. Built sometime in the 11th or 12th century, the original structure was almost entirely destroyed during the Revolution of 1821.
Established in 1843, St. Paul's Anglican Church is located at the junction of Philellinon Street with Amalias Avenue in downtown Athens.
The Church of the Holy Apostles, also known as Holy Apostles of Solaki or Agii Apostoli is located in the Ancient Agora of Athens, Greece, next to the Stoa of Attalos, and can be dated to around the late 10th century.
Around AD 700, the temple was turned into a Christian church, dedicated to Saint George. Exactly when the temple was converted to a Christian church remains unknown. There are assumptions however that this possibly occurred in the 7th century.
The Parthenon is a former temple, on the Athenian Acropolis, Greece, dedicated to the goddess Athena, whom the people of Athens considered their patron. Construction began in 447 BC when the Athenian Empire was at the peak of its power. It was completed in 438 BC although decoration of the building continued until 432 BC.
The construction date is controversial; it might be the late 11th/ early 12th, or the 14th century. On closer look at the masonry, you shall notice that some parts are much cruder than the others (compare, for example, the external wall of apse and the northern wall).
The church was built in the 12th century and it was renovated due to the many damages it suffered during the War of Independence The church is under the jurisdiction of the Holy Archdiocese of Athens.
Small Nassos dating from the 16th to the 17th century, built as part of a house, is preserved and is open all year round by crowds of tourists and visitors…
The church was built during the 11th century (1040-1050) by the emperor’s grandson, Paul Xeropotaminos, who was later officially canonized (declared a saint).