IMG_0897.jpeg
The cathedral was dedicated and solemnly blessed, Bishop Wood officiating, on November 20, 1864 at the time the Civil War was in high gear. The assistant priest on the occasion was the Very Reverend William O’Hara, V.G., who became the Bishop of Scranton. The sermon was preached by Archbishop Spaulding of Baltimore. The Cathedral was solemnly consecrated on June 30, 1890 when the mortgage was paid. The venerable edifice was completely renovated in 1914 under the direction of Archbishop Edmond F. Prendergast.
— http://cathedralphila.org/about/about-the-cathedral/#history

Comment