St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church
1918 (Founded in 1835)
The original church located in the Bowery district was designed by James Renwick, the architect of St. Patrick’s Cathedral — current church designed by Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue.
The church makes much use of Guastavino tile for its vaulting.
In 1967, the St. Bartholomew's site is designated a New York City Landmark.
All media by Luke Cabading.
Dunlap, D. (2000). Sensuous Curves Ascend Above the Hard-Edged City. [online] Nytimes.com. Available at: https://www.nytimes.com/2000/03/03/arts/sensuous-curves-ascend-above-the-hard-edged-city.html [Accessed 15 Jun. 2019].
Stbconservancy.org. (n.d.). History - St. Bartholomew’s Conservancy. [online] Available at: https://www.stbconservancy.org/the-landmark-site/history [Accessed 15 Jun. 2019].
Stbarts.org. (n.d.). History | St. Bart's. [online] Available at: http://stbarts.org/about-us/history/ [Accessed 15 Jun. 2019].
The Episcopal Church. (n.d.). St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, New York, NY. [online] Available at: https://www.episcopalchurch.org/parish/st-bartholomews-episcopal-church-new-york-ny [Accessed 15 Jun. 2019].