Parish of St. Vincent Ferrer
869 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10065
1867 - Temporary church at the corner of Lexington Avenue and 65th Street.
1870 - Permanent Church of St. Vincent Ferrer is dedicated and remains in use until 1914.
1918 - The dedication of the present Church of St. Vincent Ferrer.
1931 - The dedication of the present Church of St. Catherine of Siena.
Roman Catholic - Dominican Order | Archdiocese of New York
Andy Warhol frequented the church of St. Ferrer for Sunday mass and several days in the week.
St. Vincent Ferrer has an 86-rank pipe organ built in two phases by the Schantz Organ Company of Orrville, Ohio; the 18-rank chancel organ (Opus 2145) was installed in 1998 and the 68-rank gallery organ (Opus 2224) in 2002.
The Schola Cantorum, the Parish’s professional choir, sings for every Solemn Mass. Schola Cantorum is the official term used by the Catholic Church to denote a liturgical choir and literally means ‘school of singing’.
All media by Luke Cabading.
Wagner, Fr. W. (2019). The Parish of St. Vincent Ferrer and St. Catherine of Siena: Parish Handbook 2018-2019. [ebook] NYC: The Parish of St. Vincent Ferrer and St. Catherine of Siena, p.2. Available at: http://www.svsc.info/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/SVSC-Parish-Handbook.pdf [Accessed 28 Jun. 2019].
Dillenberger, J. and Warhol, A. (1998). The Religious Art of Andy Warhol. New York City: The Continuum Publishing Company, p.p. 33.
Wetzel, J. (n.d.). Music. [online] Parish of St. Vincent Ferrer and St. Catherine of Siena. Available at: http://www.svsc.info/music/ [Accessed 28 Jun. 2019].