Parish of St. Fabian, Pope and Martyr
Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Lingayen-Dagupan
San Fabian was founded on March 23, 1717. The town was named in honor of a crusading Pope, St. Fabian, who ruled the Roman Catholic Church for almost 13 years during the reign of the Roman Emperor Dictus.
On January 1945, during World War II, the church was damaged and bell tower and convent were destroyed by American naval shelling and, in 1952, the church and a portion of the convent were repaired by Engr. Santiago Alhambra, Fr. Francisco Posadas (1944-1952) and Fr. Emeterio Domagas. In 2003, the bell tower was fully restored.
All media by Luke Cabading.
Layug, B. (2008). Church of St. Fabian, Pope & Martyr (San Fabian, Pangasinan) – B.L.A.S.T. – Live Life to the Fullest ……… Don't Stay Put. [online] Benjielayug.com. Available at: http://benjielayug.com/2008/03/church-of-st-fabian-pope-martyr-san-fabian-pangasinan.html [Accessed 3 Jun. 2019].
Pangasinan.gov.ph. (n.d.). San Fabian | The Official Website of the Province of Pangasinan and its People. [online] Available at: https://pangasinan.gov.ph/the-province/cities-and-municipalities/san-fabian/ [Accessed 3 Jun. 2019].
Sanfabianparish.blogspot.com. (n.d.). Parish of St. Fabian, Pope and Martyr. [online] Available at: http://sanfabianparish.blogspot.com/ [Accessed 3 Jun. 2019].
En.wikipedia.org. (n.d.). San Fabian, Pangasinan. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Fabian,_Pangasinan [Accessed 3 Jun. 2019].