The present building was designed in the Early English Gothic Style by Boston architect and Advent parishioner John Hubbard Sturgis in 1875 and was substantially complete by 1888. [http://archive.theadventboston.org/geninfo/building.htm]
Viewing entries in
The Basilica and Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help is a Roman Catholic Basilica in the Mission Hill neighborhood of Boston, Massachusetts, sometimes known as The Mission Church. The Redemptorists of the Baltimore Province have ministered to the parish since the church was first opened in 1870.
The titanic holy lady was built in 1954 by the fathers of the Don Orione order. The large lady stands atop a globe representing her God-given power over the universe.
The Cathedral of the Holy Cross is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston and is the largest Roman Catholic church in New England.
Old North Church at 193 Salem Street, in the North End, Boston, is the location from which the famous "One if by land, two if by sea" signal is said to have been sent.
St. Leonard's Church is a Roman Catholic church located at the corner of Hanover and Prince Streets in the North End of Boston, Massachusetts. It is one of the oldest churches built by Italian immigrants in the United States.
King's Chapel is an independent Christian unitarian congregation affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association that is "unitarian Christian in theology, Anglican in worship, and congregational in governance."
St. Paul's was founded in 1819. when there were two other Episcopal parishes in Boston, Christ Church (better known as Old North Church), and Trinity Church.
The famous Copley Square building is the third home to this parish. The first two were located in what is now the Downtown Crossing area of Boston. After the second church was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1872, Brooks moved the parish to Boston’s new Back Bay neighborhood, a recently land-filled marsh.
The church, constructed between 1872 and 1875 for a congregation founded in 1669, is also known for being the church at the Boylston Street finish line of the Boston Marathon.
The First Church of Christ, Scientist is the administrative headquarters and mother church of the Church of Christ, Scientist, also known as the Christian Science church.
Built 1865-1867 in Gothic Revival Style; Sanctuary Interior by Tiffany Glass & Decorating Co.; Rare Welte-Tripp Organ; Prominent Architect Richard M. Upjohn
Went to visit the Tiffany windows at this church, which has been restored.