Built: November 12, 1879
Religious denomination: Methodist
A memorial tombstone in memory of Barnabas Shaw, who is regarded as the founder of South African Methodism, can be found to the left of the pulpit of the existing church.
The original pipe organ was installed starting in 1899 by the English organ building firm, J.J. Binns. James Jepson Binns (1855 – 1929) and were so well built that they soon earned the nickname of “Battleship Binns” as they were virtually indestructible.